The OpEx Six Sigma Yellow Belt online computer-based training course provides you with comprehension of the fundamental methodologies used for Six Sigma problem solving projects, to help your organization reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction, streamline processes and reduce errors and mistakes. Yellow Belt is the 2nd level of Six Sigma training:
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt (includes White Belt)
- Green Belt (Minitab) or Green Belt (SigmaXL) – includes Yellow Belt
- Black Belt (Minitab) or Black Belt (SigmaXL) – includes Green Belt
- Master Black Belt
In many organizations, people who have Yellow Belt training are also subject matter experts (SME) for a process being improved, and become a central team member on Six Sigma projects. White Belt is not prerequisites for Green Belt, it is covered in this course. You may enroll directly in the Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt training course if your expectation is to lead projects or want to learn more advanced applications and tools.
About this course
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is about 3 hours of online content (0.3 CEUs or 3 PDU as OpEx Learning is an IACET accredited provider), which includes about 1 hour of White Belt training. We have removed all unnecessary content and information in the training material, to maximize what you need to know in the least amount of time. Our training is fast-paced and engaging, and no single module exceeds 30 minutes, so you can complete on your own schedule in small doses. Typical online courses cover the same content in 4-8 hours.
What’s Included in the OpEx Six Sigma Online Yellow Belt course?
- Closed captioning transcript provided with all videos.
- Each module requires completion of a 10 question quiz (70% pass rate or higher, retakes allowed).
- Digital version of the complete Yellow Belt program (PDF manual for duration of course)
- On demand, 24/7 access with 3 months of access to professionally narrated OpEx Learning training courses
- Numerous Project Templates and Job Aids for Six Sigma Projects
- Online Quizzes and Exam, including section comprehensive examinations.
- Upon completion of the training and passing the examinations, you will receive access to:
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Certificate
- 0.3 CEUs; 3 PDUs
Content of the course
- White Belt Training (skips if you’ve already completed)
- Process Mapping – Defining the scope, brainstorming the input variables and output requirements of a process
- Cause and Effects Matrix – prioritizing input variables for data collection and investigation based on scoring matrix
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) – identifying, prioritizing and mitigating process failures, and calculating risk level (RPN)
- Basic Statistics – learn about commonly used statistical terms like:
- Mean (average)
- Standard deviation
Note: Green Belt and higher level courses use specific statistical software packages like Minitab or SigmaXL. No software is required for the White and Yellow Belt course.
Here are some screenshots from each of the modules:
Cause and Effects Matrix
Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Online Program Requirements
- Sound Card and Speakers
- Recommended display settings with at least 1024 X 768 Screen Size
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Secure PDF Viewer from LockLizard (free)
- Access to Microsoft Office 2000 or newer or equivalent
- You are not to provide your login information to other users. Your online account is for your personal use.
- Refund: 7 days following purchase