Akio Takahara is the leading lean practitioner and expert on the 5S support system in Healthcare. His book explores how to apply 5S for Healthcare.
|Other Book Reviews You Might Enjoy|
In his book, he claims that 5S in Healthcare will do the following:
- Reduce human errors
- Prevent patient accidents
- Eliminate the waste of searching
- Better utilize available work space
- Increase patient and colleague satisfaction
It’s very refreshing to see a book like this focused on Healthcare – there is tremendous opportunity for improvement in patient experience as well as in reducing medical errors.
It’s a really good book, even if you’re not a lean practitioner in Healthcare. The examples are in Healthcare, but the principles of Lean and 5S can be applied to any environment.
I really enjoyed the section on Visual Management. Takahara explains the four aspects of Visual Management:
- Visualization allows you to see the condition of work
- Clarification helps us draw appropriate judgments
- Marking allows us to identify items
- Sharing Rules creates a sharing environment
I recommend this book for any Lean practitioner in Healthcare or any Lean practitioner in any field. A great read and I learned a lot from it.
Download the free training packet below!
Become a Lean Six Sigma professional today!
Start your learning journey with Lean Six Sigma White Belt at NO COST