As far as approaches management can take to improve performance and guarantee quality go, Six Sigma can be considered to be a huge success. Many professionals across various industries, from manufacturing to hospitality to marketing, are getting Six Sigma certified. And an increasing number of organizations are sponsoring their employees to get the certification.
What is a Six Sigma Certification?
A Six Sigma certification is a professional certificate that shows that you have grasped the concepts of Six Sigma at some level. The levels in Six Sigma are known as Belts. These classify professionals into the following categories:
- White Belt: This is the basic level of Six Sigma understanding. White Belts are given a general overview of Six Sigma tools and techniques. Their job is to assist Six Sigma project teams in coming up with solutions to a problem during brainstorming sessions.
- Yellow Belt: A Six Sigma Yellow Belt has foundational knowledge of Six Sigma concepts. Yellow Belts are part of the Six Sigma project team, usually working in a limited capacity – as part-timers. They cannot work on a project without the supervision of a Green or Black Belt.
- Green Belt: A Green Belt is a Six Sigma professional who has understood the advanced concepts of the methodology, such as DMAIC. They can be leaders of a team if the improvement project is not complex. If it is, they will be part of the team and work under the supervision of a Black Belt.
- Black Belt: A Six Sigma Black Belt has advanced proficiency in implementing Six Sigma. On top of that, they can explain concepts and techniques to others and often serve as coaches to Green Belts. They also have a demonstrable capacity to take on leadership roles and drive projects to success.
- Master Black Belt: This is the highest Belt in Six Sigma. A Black Belt is someone who has worked on the strategic deployment of multiple Six Sigma projects (even complex ones). They are responsible for the development and promotion of Six Sigma curriculums within the organization. Also, they teach Six Sigma to all the other Belts.
Benefits of Getting a Six Sigma Certification
It takes time and money to become Six Sigma certified. Many people often wonder why they should do it. Here are a few reasons why a Six Sigma certification is important:
- Improve performance: When trained in Six Sigma, you will be able to identify the root causes of problems and eliminate them so they never happen again. You will also be able to identify the organization’s main KPIs and metrics, as well as measure and improve them. This is because the tools and techniques you’ll learn will allow you to gain and understand valuable business insights from analyzing the KPIs and metrics and use those insights to make data-driven decisions.
- Leadership roles: During Six Sigma training, you will learn core managerial competencies that will allow you to undertake leadership roles.
- Job satisfaction: A Six Sigma certification offers a self-esteem boost. The training prepares you to think of out-the-box solutions that improve your organization’s efficiency. This means you will experience greater job satisfaction knowing that your contributions are making a huge difference.
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty: With a Six Sigma certification, you can help your organization improve its customer experience. This means customers will be more satisfied and can even become loyalists.
- Best candidate: If you have worked on improvement projects that have helped organizations reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction and increase their bottom lines, you will become more hireable.
- Better salary: Six Sigma certifications allow you to demand better salaries from employers. On average, certified Six Sigma experts are making upwards of $100,000 a year.
By getting a Six Sigma certification, you are ready to apply its tools and techniques to benefit your organization. This is the case no matter the Belt you aim for. Furthermore, you are ensuring that you propel your career forward by possessing skills and knowledge that your peers don’t have.
Become a Lean Six Sigma professional today!
Start your learning journey with Lean Six Sigma White Belt at NO COST