Similar to a Chute Conveyor, Wheel Conveyor, Roller Conveyor, and Chain Conveyor, Slat Conveyor, Flat Belt Conveyor, Magnetic Belt Conveyor, Troughed Belt Conveyor, Bucket Conveyor, Vibrating Conveyor, Screw Conveyor, and Pneumatic Conveyor, Vertical Conveyor, and Cart-on-Track Conveyor, Tow Conveyor is another transport equipment designed to move material efficiently from one location to another.
|Other Conveyors to Consider
In general, a Tow Conveyor is ideal for the following circumstances:
- Unit + In-Floor + Accumulate
- Uses towline to provide power to wheeled carriers such as trucks, dollies, or carts that move along the floor
- Used for fixed-path travel of carriers (each of which has variable path capabilities when disengaged from the towline)
- Towline can be located either overhead, flush with the floor, or in the floor
- Selector-pin or pusher-dog arrangements can be used to allow automatic switching (power or spur lines)
- Generally used when long distance and high frequency moves are required
Some of the benefits of a Tow Conveyor include:
- Unattended, clean, Transport
- Large or big batch material movement
Depending on you operation, a Tow Conveyor might be the right solution.
Become a Lean Six Sigma professional today!
Start your learning journey with Lean Six Sigma White Belt at NO COST