Like a Chute Conveyor, a Wheel Conveyor is designed to move material and it also relies on gravity like a Chute Conveyor. By design, a Wheel Conveyor is ideal for the following circumstances and situations in warehousing and fulfillment:
- Unit + On-Floor + Accumulate
- Uses a series of skatewheels mounted on a shaft (or axle), where spacing of the wheels is dependent on the load being transported
- Slope for gravity movement depends on load weight
- More economical than the roller conveyor
- For light-duty applications
- Flexible, expandable versions available
|Other Conveyors to Consider|
Below is a video, showing an example of a warehousing and fulfillment transport equipment, the wheel conveyor.
Become a Lean Six Sigma professional today!
Start your learning journey with Lean Six Sigma White Belt at NO COST