The online, on-demand Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course uses Minitab software or SigmaXL software examples. Once you are certified, you will be able to join successful project managers, improvement consultants, supervisors, managers, leaders and individual contributors who are saving billions by improving productivity, reducing waste, variation and defects. This course includes all the Green Belt course material. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is one of the most sought-after credentials in business today. As a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, your mastery of Six Sigma techniques and strategies will help you lead top-quality projects and mentor Green Belts in your organization, where together you will identify and implement breakthrough improvements for enhanced bottom-line results.
Black Belt is officially the 4th level of Six Sigma training:
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt (includes White Belt)
- Green Belt (includes Yellow Belt)
- Black Belt (includes Green Belt)
Not sure about SigmaXL or Minitab? Help me choose
About this course
The Lean Six Sigma Six Black Belt is over 70 hours of online content (7 CEUs or 70 PDU as OpEx Learning is an IACET accredited provider), which includes about 30 hours of Green Belt. We have removed all unnecessary content and information in the training material, to maximize what you need to know in the least amount of time. Our training is fast-paced and engaging, and no single module exceeds 30 minutes, so you can complete on your own schedule in small doses. Typical online courses cover the same content in 80 or more hours.
What’s Included in the Lean Six Sigma Online Black Belt course?
- Each module requires completion of a 10 question quiz (70% pass rate or higher, retakes allowed).
- Digital version of the complete Black Belt program (PDF manual for duration of course)
- On demand, 24/7 access with ONE year of access to professionally narrated OpEx Learning training courses
- Numerous Project Templates and Job Aids for Six Sigma Projects
- Online Quizzes and Exam, including section comprehensive examinations.
- Project Certification includes Access to either SigmaXL software (single user perpetual license) or Minitab student access (limited to 6 months).
- Upon completion of the training and passing the examinations, you will receive access to:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Certificate
- 7 CEUs; 70 PDUs
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Online Course Syllabus
- White Belt Training (skips if you’ve already completed)
- Yellow Belt Training (skips if you’ve already completed)
- Green Belt Training (skips if you’ve already completed)
- Green Belt Review – DMAIC methodology and roadmap along with key tools, Project Charter, Project Tracking, Hypothesis and Decision Risk, and Multi-Vari Study
- Introduction – Learn how to use the most affordable Six Sigma software program that integrates with Excel, and create some popular graphs and analysis
- Central Limit Theorem – Explanation with averaging of subgroups converge to a normal distribution, along with simulation with data, Poisson distribution, Normal Probability Plot, Sampling plans, Confidence Intervals, t-distribution, examples with software
- Advanced Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) – Review of MSA concepts, Interpreting charts, Variance Component Model, Central Limit Theorem with MSA, Attribute MSA, Kappa statistic, examples with software
- Advanced Capability and Data Transformation – Capability analysis with nonnormal data sets, one-sided limits and bounds, examples with software
- Multiple Regression – Using regression with multiple inputs, along with ways to create matrix plot, scatterplot, coefficients of determination, R-squared Adjusted, Test for Overall Significance, t Test, Collinearity, Variance Inflation Factor (VIF), Residual Plot, Transforming Data, Best Subsets Regression, Coding Categorial Predictors, Stepwise Regression, examples with software
- DOE Planning – Questions and best practices for setting up a designed experiment (DOE)
- Full Factorials – Experiments running all combination of factors, including concepts of Pareto chart analysis, Factorial plots, 2^3 factorial designs, 3-factor interactions, Curvature, Center points, Randomization, examples with software
- Fractional Factorials Designs – More efficient experiments by strategically removing some combination of factors, including topics such as screening variable, Full vs Fractional Factorial experiments, Confounding, Design Resolution, examples with software
- General Factorial Designs – Experiments with different number of levels for each factor (some have 2, some have 3+), and topics such as Design Matrix, Predict Functions, Balanced ANOVA, General Linear Model, examples with software
- Sample Size Calculations – Techniques for sampling (simple random, stratified, cluster, systematic, subgroup), recommended sample sizes, Decision errors (alpha, beta, delta), Sample Size calculator (examples for ANOVA, Hypothesis Tests, proportion tests)
- Optimization Designs – Conducting experiments with more than 2 levels, Response Surface Methodology (RSM), Contour Plot, Path of Steepest Ascent (PoA), Modeling curvature, Central Composite Design (CCD), Central Composite Face Design (CCF), Augmenting a Design, Model Restriction, Contour Plot, Surface Plot, Box-Behnken Design
- Multiple Response Optimization – Finding the best combination of results with 2 output variables, starting with response surface optimization, modeling and reducing each output, examples with software
- Evolutionary Operations (EVOP) – Incremental experimentation for continuous processes, including cycles and phases
- Advanced Statistical Process Control (SPC) – Review of control charts, and details about control charts for variable and attribute charts (Individuals, Moving Range, X-bar, Range, p, np, c and u charts), examples with software
- Control Plan – Tool for tracking the activity for monitoring your processes, including control plans connecting to FMEA, specifications, control methods, capability, MSA, sample size and frequency, and reaction plan
- Change Management – How to prepare your organization for change, including what makes a good leader, managing change effectively, why people resist change, dealing with resistance
- Black Belt Review and Wrap Up – covers Green Belt and Black Belt topics
Here are some screenshots from each of the modules:
Green Belt Review
Central Limit Theorem
Advanced Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
Advanced Capability and Data Transformation
Fractional Factorials Designs
General Factorial Designs
Sample Size Calculations